Easy, delicious, soft beetroot kebabs with the simplest spices and yummiest flavours.
There is just something about beetroot that makes me want to keep experimenting with it. After having received so much love on this recipe for beetroot hummus, I knew I had to try another recipe with this ingredient. Happy to report that after testing more than five different recipes for beetroot kebabs, I finally have the perfect recipe for you guys.
These beetroot kebabs are soft, delicious, slightly tangy and just perfect in texture. If you follow us on Instagram, you would have seen several attempts being made to perfect this recipe for beetroot kebabs including variations like stuffed with cheese or coated with corn flour or coated with semolina.
I even tried testing this recipe with fried, then air fried, but turns out that pan frying these beetroot kebabs works as the best cooking method. The flavours are super simple – salt, pepper, dry mango powder and some chilli.
These beetroot kebabs are best enjoyed alone as appetiser/ snacks or with this really delicious arugula and roasted chickpeas salad. Or serve them with this yummy lemon and garlic yogurt dip.
Lets get started with the recipe for these easy beetroot kebabs.
How to make beetroot kebabs?
- roasted beetroot
- grated boiled potatoes
- bread slices
- dry mango powder
- salt, pepper
- coriander powder
- chilli powder
Start by roasting the beetroot cubes tossed in olive oil and salt. Transfer to a bowl once they are nicely roasted.
While this cools down, grate boiled potato in a large plate/ mixing bowl.
Once the roasted beetroot has cooled down, add the cubes to a blender and mix together with broken bread slices.
Pulse and add the powdered mixture over grated boiled potatoes. Add salt, pepper, coriander powder, dry mango powder.
Mix together and prepare small kebabs and pan fry with some oil.
More appetiser recipes from the blog that you might like:
- cheese corn fritters
- chicken gyozas
- oven baked potato wedges
- golden fried crispy baby corn with toasted sesame seeds
- cream cheese wontons
- crispy fried corn
- summer spring rolls
- mushroom vol au vents
- chicken puffs
- crispy orange chicken
- mushroom puffs
Easy, delicious, soft beetroot kebabs with the simple spices – slightly tangy.
- 250 grams Beetroot
- 250 grams Potatoes (boiled)
- 3 slices White Bread
- 1 tbsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Oil (for pan frying kebabs)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius. Chop beetroot into 2 inch cubes and mix together with olive oil and some salt. Transfer this to a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the beetroot is cooked, transfer this to a bowl to let this cool down.
- Grate boiled potatoes and add them to a large dish/ mixing bowl.
- Blend roasted cubed beetroot with bread slices until crumbs are formed.
- Add this mixture to the grated potatoes. Add salt, pepper, coriander powder, chilli powder and dry mango powder.
- Mix together and prepare small kebabs.
- Pan fry with some oil roughly 5 minutes per side on medium low heat. Serve hot with dip/ chutney.