Back with another quick and easy appetiser recipe for you guys! This recipe for BBQ Nation Crispy Fried Corn is a real crowd pleaser. Ready in just 20 minutes, this recipe for crispy fried corn tossed in a simple sweet chilly sauce, is going to be your favourite thing to snack on.
The last recipe I posted using sweet corn as core ingredient – corn fritters – was loved by so many of you and it is also one of my most favourite things to make and eat for breakfast. I love adding corn to salads, pasta salads or just mixing up with some spices and enjoying as a quick snack. This recipe for BBQ Nation Crispy Fried Corn is a take on the indo-chinese flavours that are added to golden crispy fried corn kernels. I first had it at Barbeque nation restaurant in New Delhi and fell in love with it 😀 So happy that I was able to recreate this recipe for BBQ Nation Crispy Fried Corn in just simple steps.
BBQ nation Crispy fried corn is much easier to make than you think! The only tricky part of the recipe is the frying part. You need to deep fry the corn kernels (coated in corn flour & maida) very very carefully with the lid on. Once the corn kernels hit the hot oil, they start popping up and you obviously do not want them to end up in your eye! – therefore, put the lid on immediately once the kernels are transferred to the very hot oil.
How to make BBQ nation crispy fried corn?
You start by adding a three tablespoons each of maida (all purpose flour) and corn flour to boiled sweet corn. Add about 1 tsp water if the corn is completely dried off – just until everything comes together and the flour mixture sticks to the corn.
Deep fry in very hot oil, cover and let cook. Once you stop hearing the pop sound, carefully uncover and transfer the corn to a sieve to get rid of excess oil – not that it makes it healthy-ish, but still 😀
Prepare the indo-chinese mix buy sautéing some onions, garlic and capsicum in some oil. Add soy sauce, tomato keptchup, chilli sauce/paste and the golden fried corn.
Mix until the corn kernels are well coated with the sauce and sprinkle some spring onions and your Barbeque nation crispy fried corn is ready to serve 🙂
Another popular corn recipes from the blog that you might love:Print
Golden crispy fried corn sautéed in indo-chinese flavours of soy sauce, chilli paste, tomato ketchup.
- 2 cups Sweet Corn (boiled)
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp Flour ((maida))
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Honey
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sweet corn, corn flour and flour (maida). Mix well until all kernels are well coated with flour mixture. Add not more than 1 tsp water (only if required)
- Deep fry the corn kernels by transferring them to hot oil and immediately covering it (lid on) – the kernels will start to pop up and eventually “settle” once fried.
- Uncover the frying pan, once you stop hearing the pop sound and transfer the golden fried corn to kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add onion and garlic to it.
- Saute until slightly brown in colour.
- Add chopped capsicum and saute until cooked well.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup and honey. Mix well.
- Add deep fried golden corn, salt and pepper and mix again. Serve hot.