Crunchy arugula with oven roasted chickpeas and almonds topped with parmesan and the easiest olive oil honey dressing, this arugula chickpea salad comes together so quickly and is perfect for a week night salad meal.
Remember this Couscous salad with oven roasted chickpeas that I posted a couple of months ago? I have been adding roasted chickpeas to all of my salads ever since!
How to make Arugula Chickpea Salad?
The hero of this recipe = crunchy oven roasted chickpeas.
It is so easy to make roasted chickpeas for this arugula chickpea salad. You simply toss some boiled chickpeas with olive oil and salt (plus chilli if you like) and bake them for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree celsius or until they are golden and crispy.
I did a small survey on our Instagram page and one of the questions that I asked was, if my readers want more of healthy or indulgent recipes – and as I had expected: health won! But only by 2 percent extra, so indulgence will continue on the blog 😀
I enjoy creating salad recipes as much as I enjoy creating a recipe for a cheesecake or these cheesecake bars with homemade salted caramel sauce or these suuuuuper indulgent cheddar and garlic savoury muffins. To be honest, I really want to maintain a balance to the kind of recipes that are being published here. After creating a number of noodle based salad recipes like this asian noodle salad with peanut butter dressing, or this pesto pasta salad, it was time I create a nice salad with actual greens!
Arugula tops my list when it comes to salads. I get my batch from INA market and I love this simple arugula salad with roasted beetroot. This arugula chickpea salad is another wonderful creation that you are going to love!
All you need to do is, take some fresh arugula and add your toppings: chickpeas, almonds, parmesan and drizzle the simplest salad dressing: olive oil + honey + lemon juice = LOOOOVE! Works every time, with almost every salad!
Give this salad a good mix… and serve 🙂 I tested a batch of beetroot kebabs (coming super soon on the blog) and enjoyed this salad with the yummy appetiser.
or just enjoy it as it is on its own 😀
Some more salad recipes from the blog that you might love:
- Couscous salad with oven roasted chickpeas
- Asian noodle salad with peanut butter dressing
- Pesto pasta salad
- Corn and pomegranate pearl barley salad
- Asian pearl barley salad
- Roasted beetroot salad with goats cheese and walnuts
Arugula salad with oven roasted chickpeas, almonds, parmesan and a simple olive oil, honey and lemon dressing.
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 5 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Oven roasted chickpeas
- 3/4 cup Chickpeas (boiled)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Wash the arugula and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas with olive oil, salt, pepper and chilli. Roast the chickpeas for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Prepare the salad dressing by mixing together olive oil, honey and lemon.
- Assemble the salad: Place arugula in a salad bowl. Add the roasted chickpeas and almonds. Drizzle the salad dressing, sprinkle parmesan cheese and serve.