Delicious paratha (puffed up Indian bread) pizza made with yummy homemade pizza sauce using tomatoes, oregano, garlic and butter.
Really simple, quick and easy paratha pizza that is so flaky (almost like puff pastry) topped with the easiest homemade pizza sauce that is so full of simple flavours. Best part? The homemade pizza sauce is made with simple pantry ingredients that I am sure are already in your kitchen.
Lets talk about the paratha...
Paratha (or Indian flaky bread/ roti) is my best choice to make a pizza. Yes please, skip your regular pizza dough or pizza base and give this flaky, buttery paratha a try; which in my opinion should be your best buy for the freezer - so handy and so good. What I used for this recipe? These puff parathas by SWITZ, that were great for this recipe. Click here to buy.
Why is a puff paratha my best choice?
- so flaky
- so buttery
- these frozen puff parathas by SWITZ do not require any thaw time - read this again 😀
- 4 minutes cook time on the tawa (Indian fry pan)
- super delicious
What about the homemade pizza sauce?
Luscious, rich, thick and chunky homemade pizza sauce that is going to be your favourite sauce - not just for pizzas, but also to be used for pastas and spreads. Made with fresh tomatoes, this homemade pizza sauce is so yummy and easy.
How to make homemade pizza sauce?
What you need?
- tomatoes. I used fresh tomatoes for this recipe, please do that - that is what makes it so special.
- garlic. finely chopped garlic for simple flavour
- butter. regular salted butter instead of olive oil - love using butter wherever I can 😉
- parsley. I used dried parsley for this recipe, but you can of course use fresh parsley.
- oregano. I used dried parsley for this recipe.
- chilli flakes. upto you - I like using dried red chilli flakes in my sauces.
- sugar. just a little bit, to balance out the flavour
- salt & pepper
- Start by heating butter in a pan. Add chopped garlic to it.
- add freshly pureed tomatoes, parsley, oregano, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and sugar.
- cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes (stirring consistently) until the tomatoes are fully cooked.
- transfer this mixture to a blender and blend for a few seconds until a chunky tomato sauce is formed. If you like, you can blend for longer period of time to have a smooth pizza sauce.
How to make paratha pizza?
- cook the switz puff paratha on tawa (Indian fry pan for breads) for four minutes and transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- add the homemade pizza sauce, cheese (shredded mozzarella) and toppings: you can use anything, I like a simple topping of basil leaves and olives, keeping it minimal. You can add whatever vegetables you like, some grilled corn too? Or chicken as well.
- bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree celsius until the cheese has melted and is nice and bubbly. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Serve this with?
- a fresh arugula chickpea salad
- homemade garlic breadsticks
- after a delicious carrot and pumpkin soup
- or before a sinful 4-ingredient chocolate tart
More tomato garlic based recipes?
- roasted basil and tomato soup
- quick and easy tomato garlic pasta
- date night tomato cream pasta
- cherry tomato and garlic pasta
Delicious paratha (puffed up Indian bread) pizza made with switz puff paratha and yummy homemade pizza sauce using tomatoes, oregano, garlic and butter.
For the Pizza Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 cups fresh pureed tomatoes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
For the Parantha Pizza
- 4 switz Puff Paratha
- basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- In a pan, heat butter on medium flame. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add pureed tomatoes, parsley, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Cook for 5-6 minutes stirring consistently.
- Let cool and transfer to a blender. Blend for a few seconds until a chunky textured sauce is formed. Keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Transfer the Switz paratha to the kitchen counter. Transfer to a hot tawa and cook for 2 minutes per side on medium heat until the paratha is puffed up and flaky and brown in colour. (No oil or butter is needed)
- Transfer the switz puff paratha to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add the pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the crust has browned up more. Transfer to kitchen counter and sprinkle some parmesan. Serve hot.
This post is sponsored by SWITZ. All views expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting brands that are making this site possible.