Make a delicious creamy eggless no bake chocolate tart with just four ingredients. Sinful, decadent & so yummy! A simple buttery crust - chilled in the refrigerator overnight and filled with a delicious chocolate ganache filling - set to perfect consistency is best enjoyed with a drizzle of homemade salted caramel sauce or some sea salt sprinkled on it.
The consistency of this four ingredient no bake chocolate tart is between a chocolate cheesecake and a firm mousse. The decadent bite you see in the picture above is so rich and creamy.
You can serve this no bake chocolate tart just as it is, or sprinkle some cocoa powder, or may be sprinkle some chopped up hazelnuts or a fruit of your choice. We already have a recipe similar to this no bake chocolate tart - click here to see our recipe for Strawberry and Chocolate Tart.
How to make no bake chocolate tart?
The base/ crust of the No Bake Chocolate Tart
We love using simple Britannia Good Day Cookies as a base for our cheesecakes and tarts. Click here to buy these cookies. We love using these cookies as there is always little or absolutely no need to add any butter to them when used for baking. For example, in our recipe for Baked Cheesecake, we haven't used any butter all. Rather we simply crushed the butter biscuits and baked the base for about 8-10 minutes. But since this is a no-bake recipe and it had to be set in a refrigerator - we added some melted butter. We used Amul Butter Unsalted. We chilled the biscuit base for about thirty minutes before adding the filling.
The Filling of the No Bake Chocolate Tart
The filling of this no bake chocolate tart is nothing but a mixture of cream, chocolate and butter. Really, thats about it!
- you start by chopping some room temperature Morde Chocolate
- in a mixing bowl, add the chocolate and Amul Unsalted Butter
- heat some Amul Fresh Cream in a saucepan - not boil, just heat
- pour the cream on the chocolate and butter mixture
- let this sit for a minute
- pour on the chilled biscuit crust/ base
Let this tart set in the refrigerator overnight for best results or at least 8 hours! This is important to have the firm mousse like consistency that we are aiming for. It may seem hard to wait that long, but just look at this picture again :O it is totally worth it!!
Serving the No Bake Chocolate Tart
Take out the tart from the refrigerator and carefully de-mould it. Our trick is to place a glass vertically under the tart and slide the edges down. Slice the tart with a clean sharp knife and cut another slice only after cleaning the knife or wiping with some wet cloth.
Sprinkle some sea salt or salted caramel before serving.
Some more no bake dessert recipes from the blog:
Easy decadent, rich, no bake chocolate tart (egg less) made with chopped milk chocolate, butter and cream on a buttery crust.
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE/ CRUST
- 40 pieces Butter Cookies (approx. 335 grams)
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 3 1/4 cups Pure Milk Chocolate (500 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cream (340 grams)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened (112 grams))
- Blend the butter cookies until they are complete powder like.
- Transfer the crushed cookies to a mixing bowl and add the melted unsalted butter to it. Give this a mix and transfer the mixture to a 10 inch tart tin.
- Shape the crust/ base of the tart and let it set in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
- Chop the room temperature milk chocolate to small pieces (approx. 1 to 2 cm) and transfer the chocolate to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup softened butter to the chocolate and keep aside.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until it just begins to boil. Once you start seeing bubbles on the corners, take the cream off the heat and pour it over the chocolate butter mixture.
- Let it sit for about 50-60 seconds and mix it very slowly with a whisk until everything comes together.
- Let the mixture cool for about 4-5 minutes. If it is very hot, then let it cool for a few more minutes before pouring it on the set chilled crust.
- Transfer the tart carefully to the refrigerator and let it set overnight.