Al dente spaghetti tossed in this delicious buttery, garlicky cherry tomato sauce topped with some fresh basil leaves, this cherry tomato and garlic pasta is going to be your next favourite dinner recipe.
Make a delicious cherry tomato and garlic pasta with a no fuss tomato sauce. This recipe requires no blender or mixer – the sauce is basically just some smashed garlicky cherry tomatoes mixed with butter plus a special secret ingredient aka starchy pasta water. We can not say about you guys, but we are big fans of adding pasta water to the pasta sauce – it makes it so much better!!!
This recipe for cherry tomato and garlic pasta is super simple – you need just a few simple ingredients and a good hearty bowl of pasta is ready in 20 minutes!
How to make cherry tomato and garlic pasta?
Just like all great things, the start of this recipe is heating some butter & garlic and cooking until the garlic becomes fragrant.
Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and let the tomatoes cook until they become soft. Start smashing the tomatoes with the back of your spoon.
Add the spaghetti and starchy pasta water and give it a good mix. Add salt and pepper, sprinkle some chopped fresh basil leaves and you are good to go!
Scroll down for the recipe card for this delicious cherry tomato and garlic pasta.Print
Easy cherry tomatoes and garlic pasta. Al dente Spaghetti tossed in a simple cherry tomato, garlic, butter sauce.
- 130 grams Spaghetti
- 150 grams Cherry Tomatoes (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Pasta Water
- 3 tbsp Basil Leaves (chopped)
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions. Reserve some pasta water to be used later for the pasta sauce.
- Heat some butter in a pan and add chopped garlic to it. Let this cook on low flame for about 2 minutes until the garlic turns light brown in colour. Keep an eye on it, as you don’t want to burn the garlic.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and let cook on medium low flame for about 4-5 minutes until the tomatoes start turning soft in texture. Smash them down with the help of a spatula and cook further.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the starchy pasta water, salt and pepper. Let this cook for 2 more minutes and add the pasta to the this.
- Toss the pasta until the spaghetti is nicely coated with the tomato sauce.
- Transfer them to serving bowls and sprinkle some chopped basil leaves before serving.