Grilled Sweet Corn and Beans Salad with simple honey, lemon and olive oil dressing and a generous shower of crumbled feta.
If you ever wonder where I get my recipe ideas from, Pinterest tops my list! But it is not my only source of inspiration. Very often I would think of a recipe idea when I am eating out in a restaurant (for example this Sagar Ratna copy-cat onion tomato chutney, or places I visit: Summer Spring Rolls inspired from my trip to Berlin earlier this year, or just a random Saturday morning trying recipes from my favourite food bloggers –> Grilled Corn on avocado mayo by my Half Baked Harvest. This genius recipe introduced me to the concept of grilled corn.
I have always loved sweet corn, but never imagined how crazy good GRILLED CORN would taste!! <3 Just add your regular boiled sweet corn to a hot griller and let that cook for about 8-9 minutes on medium low heat, toss it with some kidney beans, tomatoes and a generous serving of crumbled feta – there you go, this easy grilled corn and beans feta salad is ready 😀
FULL RECIPE TUTORIAL IS ON OUR INSTAGRAM STORY 🙂
You really just need a few ingredients for this recipe:
- sweet corn
- kidney beans
- honey + olive oil + lemon dressing
- basic seasoning: salt + pepper + chilli
Enjoy this cold salad as it is, or in a roll, or over some fresh lettuce leaves. Make sure you tag us on Instagram if you make this recipe. 🙂
If you liked this recipe, you will also love…. :
- Roasted beetroot salad with goats cheese and walnuts
- Asian noodle salad with peanut butter sauce
- Couscous salad with roasted chickpeas
- Corn and pomegranate pearl barley salad
- Arugula chickpea salad
- Asian pearl barley salad
- Pesto pasta salad
Grilled Sweet Corn and Beans Salad with simple honey, lemon and olive oil dressing and generous shower of crumbled feta.
- 2 cups Sweet Corn (boiled)
- 2 cups Kidney Beans (boiled)
- 3/4 cup Feta (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Chilli Powder
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on a griller and cook the corn kernels for 7-8 minutes on medium low heat.
- Once the corn is light brown in colour, transfer it to a bowl to be used later.
- In a mixing bowl add grilled sweet corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, coriander, spring onion and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining (2 tbsp) olive oil, lemon juice and honey.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and grilled corn mixture. Add the seasoning and mix well.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and give this a final mix and serve cold.
This post is sponsored by D’lecta. All views expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting brands that are making this site possible.