Delicious paratha (puffed up Indian bread) pizza made with switz puff paratha and yummy homemade pizza sauce using tomatoes, oregano, garlic and butter.
For the Pizza Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 cups fresh pureed tomatoes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
For the Parantha Pizza
- 4 switz Puff Paratha
- basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- In a pan, heat butter on medium flame. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add pureed tomatoes, parsley, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Cook for 5-6 minutes stirring consistently.
- Let cool and transfer to a blender. Blend for a few seconds until a chunky textured sauce is formed. Keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Transfer the Switz paratha to the kitchen counter. Transfer to a hot tawa and cook for 2 minutes per side on medium heat until the paratha is puffed up and flaky and brown in colour. (No oil or butter is needed)
- Transfer the switz puff paratha to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add the pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the crust has browned up more. Transfer to kitchen counter and sprinkle some parmesan. Serve hot.