Our sudden love for salads has only grown in the last few weeks. Be it a nice leafy salad or a whole grain salad or even just some chopped up veggies tossed in some lemon juice and olive oil, we have been ditching rice & flour for quite some time now!
A few salad recipes to try from our blog:
- Corn & Pomegranate Pearl Barley Salad
- Asian Pearl Barley Salad
- Roasted Beetroot and Goats Cheese Salad
This is the first recipe on our blog for a pasta salad and this pesto pasta salad comes together in minutes with just a few simple ingredients. We upgraded a classic caprese salad (Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil) by adding some chopped Avocado to it. We used Indian avocados for this and used a very simple method to ripen them at home. Read all about this little trick here on our recipe blog post for Guacamole.
You can use any type of pasta you like, we used Barilla Farfalle here. The dressing was this Pesto Dip by Aamra. We have been using products by Aamra for quite some time now and were more than happy with this Chilli Basil Pesto Dip which was full of flavour of fresh basil! All of their dips & sauces are so well made, that you do not even need to add additional salt or pepper to the recipe! This Pesto is creamy, slightly spicy and goes perfectly well with simple ingredients like tomatoes, basil & mozzarella cheese. This pesto dip by Aamra was most definitely the perfect choice for this delicious pesto salad with cherry tomatoes, cherry mozzarella, basil & avocados.
Start by boiling the pasta as per package instructions, pour some olive oil over the boiled pasta, give it a mix and keep this aside.
The next step is cutting up the cherry tomatoes one by two. Same for cherry mozzarella:
And chop the avocado into chunks:
Assembling the pesto pasta salad:
In a large mixing bowl, add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, cherry mozzarella. Carefully add the soft avocado chunks, basil leaves and pour over the Chilli Basil Pesto by Aamra & give this a good mix.
For better results, refrigerate the salad for about an hour before serving.
This recipe is sponsored by Aamra, a brand that we trust and whose products we have been using for quite some time now. Their handmade dips, sauces, pickles and salad dressings have zero preservatives and excellent shelf life. Click here to read how they serve the local community via NSK (Nari Shiksha Kendra) by providing jobs to women.Thank you for supporting brands (that we trust!) and making this site possible. All views expressed are our own.
Scroll down for full recipe:
Make a delicious creamy pesto pasta salad with cherry tomatoes, cherry mozzarella and avocados.
- 1 1/2 cups Pasta
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves
- 1 3/4 cups Cherry Tomatoes (approx. 200 grams)
- 1/2 cup Avocado (approx. 130 grams)
- 3/4 cup Cherry Mozzarella (approx. 120 grams)
- 1/4 cup Pesto (store bought)
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions. Pour some olive oil, give it a mix and keep this aside to be used later.
- While the pasta is boiling, cut the cherry tomatoes one by two and keep aside.
- Cut the mozzarella balls also into halves and keep this aside.
- Lastly chop the avocados before mixing everything together.
- In a large mixing bowl add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, cherry mozzarella and give this a mix.
- Add the chopped avocados, pesto sauce, basil leaves and give this a mix again.
- Refrigerate for one hour and serve.