Melty mushroom breakfast open sandwiches that are so quick and easy! Crispy toasted bread topped with delicious garlic mushrooms & mozzarella cheese finished in the oven, giving you a quick vegetarian snack with your morning coffee. Lets make them!
Back with another mushroom recipe that I have been making for such a long time and never really shared on the blog, thinking its embarrassingly easy and does not need to be "taught". Moving over teaching, as I shift my focus back to sharing, I realise how easy it has been for me to rediscover my creative side eliminating the pressure for content. I am thrilled to share with you guys one of the easiest breakfast toast recipes of all time that comes together in ten minutes and is perfect if you love savory breakfast like I do!
As a lover of toasts, I have shared quite a few toast recipes on the site, some of my favourites being these vegetable cheese toasts, loaded corn toasts and obviously these garlic cheese toasts that gained popularity on Pinterest. These garlic mushroom toasts on the other hand, require a little time on stove as well as oven, but I promise they are worth these fifteen minutes that you would spend on preparing your breakfast. Plus they are such a good option when making breakfast for a large crowd.
How to make Garlic Mushroom Toasts or Open Mushroom Sandwiches
You start by preparing a really simple, yet delicious mixture of mushrooms, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Simply cook some chopped mushrooms in some olive oil. Once all the moisture has evaporated, add garlic and mix until fragrant. Now add oregano, salt and pepper. Add some cheese, reserving some for top.
Give it a good mix. While the mixture cooks, make sure your bread slices are in the oven getting just the right amount of crisp and well toasted before you place the mixture on them.
Now add in that leftover shredded mozzarella cheese and transfer to pre-heated oven.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes at 200 degree celsius until the cheese gets melty with golden brown spots.
There you have it! Easy peasy right? 5 simple pantry ingredients, 10-15 minutes in hand and you with your love for mushrooms! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Enjoy these with some chilled dalgona (whipped) coffee or mango lassi.
More savory breakfast recipes from the blog:
- Vegetable Quiche with homemade Pie Crust
- Garlic Bread Cheese Toasts
- Vegetable Cheese Toasts
- Creamy Mushroom Toasts with THREE kinds of mushrooms
- Melty Corn Toasts
- Corn Fritters
- Garlic Jalapeno Cheese Savory Muffins
Melty mushroom breakfast open sandwiches that are so quick and easy! Crispy toasted bread topped with delicious garlic mushrooms & mozzarella cheese finished in the oven, giving you a quick vegetarian snack with your morning coffee.
- 400 grams mushrooms (regular white button mushrooms) sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 4 bread slices
- 4 tbsp butter (regular salted)
- Pre heat the oven at 200 degree celsius.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced mushrooms. Cook on medium low flame until they start browning.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, spread butter on bread (both sides) and transfer to pre heated oven and let toast for 4-5 minutes until light golden brown.
- Back to mushrooms -> Once they start turning brown (and all moisture is evaporated), add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Transfer garlic mushrooms to a bowl and add salt, pepper, oregano and 1/4 cup (out of total of 1/2 cup) of cheese and mix well.
- Take the bread out of the oven and spread the mushroom mixture equally on all slices. Add the remaining cheese on top and transfer the breads back in the oven. Let bake until cheese is nicely melted (roughly 8-10 minutes). Serve hot.