Melty mushroom breakfast open sandwiches that are so quick and easy! Crispy toasted bread topped with delicious garlic mushrooms & mozzarella cheese finished in the oven, giving you a quick vegetarian snack with your morning coffee.
- 400 grams mushrooms (regular white button mushrooms) sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 4 bread slices
- 4 tbsp butter (regular salted)
- Pre heat the oven at 200 degree celsius.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced mushrooms. Cook on medium low flame until they start browning.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, spread butter on bread (both sides) and transfer to pre heated oven and let toast for 4-5 minutes until light golden brown.
- Back to mushrooms -> Once they start turning brown (and all moisture is evaporated), add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Transfer garlic mushrooms to a bowl and add salt, pepper, oregano and 1/4 cup (out of total of 1/2 cup) of cheese and mix well.
- Take the bread out of the oven and spread the mushroom mixture equally on all slices. Add the remaining cheese on top and transfer the breads back in the oven. Let bake until cheese is nicely melted (roughly 8-10 minutes). Serve hot.