Creamy mushroom and spinach pasta is simple farfalle tossed in a velvety garlicky cream sauce made with simple ingredients ready in quick easy steps.
Does adding spinach to a creamy mushroom pasta make it healthy? I guess not... Are you closing this window now... ?? I know you, I know my readers... you are still reading this 😀 of course you love mushrooms, of course you like cream and of course you are a pasta lover! Let us make this delicious and easy creamy mushroom and spinach pasta.
How to make creamy mushroom and spinach pasta?
- butter, garlic, mushrooms get soft & cooked
- spinach is added and well wilted
- good stuff = cream
- secret ingredient = pasta water
- pasta goes in
- mix mix mix - and your creamy mushroom and spinach pasta is ready 😀
So easy! I love this pasta recipe and what makes it better is the secret ingredient aka pasta water - suuuper important!
Keep scrolling for full recipe card for this delicious creamy mushroom and spinach pasta.
Some more pasta recipes from the blog that you migt like:
- sun dried tomato and feta pasta salad
- creamy mushroom pasta
- cherry tomato and garlic pasta
- pesto pasta salad
- lemon and feta spaghetti salad
- creamy balsamic mushroom pasta
- aglio olio pasta
How to make vegan creamy spinach mushroom pasta
Many of my readers have veganised this pasta recipe by simply using vegan butter or oil in place of butter and by replacing milk and cream with coconut milk. It should work well (check comments section)
Here is the video for how to make creamy spinach mushroom pasta
Creamy garlicky mushroom and spinach pasta is simple farfalle tossed in a velvety cream sauce made with simple ingredients ready in quick easy steps.
- 1 cup Pasta (Farfalle)
- 2 tbsp Butter (check notes for vegan)
- 200 grams Mushrooms (sliced)
- 200 grams Spinach (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Cream (check notes for vegan)
- 1/4 cup Milk (check notes for vegan)
- 1/4 cup Reserved Pasta Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Stock Powder (or 1 cube)
- Boil pasta as per package instructions. Reserve some pasta water to b used later.
- In a pan/ pot, saute mushrooms with some butter and garlic. Add chopped spinach until it is wilted.
- Add cream, milk, stock powder, reserved pasta water, salt, pepper and cook on low heat for a minute or two until the cream just begins to bowl (from corners of the pot).
- Add boiled pasta, mix well and cook for an additional minute. Serve hot.
Vegan version: Many of my readers have veganised this pasta recipe by simply using vegan butter or oil in place of butter and by replacing milk and cream with coconut milk. It should work well (check comments section)