This creamy pasta is a mushroom lover's dream come true. Our second mushroom based recipe in less than a week definitely shows how much we love creating recipes with them. Did you try the Mushroom Puffs from our blog? They are super easy to make!
Anyway, we tried a new recipe using the Balsamic Vinegar by Borges. This creamy pasta will please everyone! The mushrooms are cooked in olive oil & garlic and tossed in balsamic reduction and further finished with whipping cream AND also topped with some parmesan. How dreamy does that sound?
Start by slicing the mushrooms as shown in the picture below...
Cook the mushrooms with some olive oil and garlic. Julia Child taught us very well: never crowd the mushrooms while they are cooking 😉 any Julie & Julia fans here??????
Anyway, in very simple words: transfer the mushrooms to a pan and cook them with some olive oil & garlic 🙂
Add the balsamic vinegar & watch the sauce go crazy for a few seconds. It will reduce down as shown in the picture below:
Add whipping cream - we highly recommend using whipping cream instead of regular cream in this recipe.
Finally add the pasta & thyme and give it a good mix & serve 🙂
Sprinkle some grated parmesan. This is optional, but a mandatory step for cheese-lovers like the two of us. 😀
If you liked this recipe for creamy tomato basil pasta, you might also like:
- cherry tomato and garlic pasta
- creamy mushroom pasta
- aglio olio
- lemon and feta pasta salad
- balsamic mushroom pasta
- date night tomato cream pasta
Here is the full recipe for you guys:Print
Creamy balsamic mushroom pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Penne pasta tossed in creamy balsamic mushrooms sauce
- 1 cup Pasta (of your choice)
- 200 grams Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt & pepper
- Boil the pasta as per the package instructions.
- Slice the mushrooms as shown in the blog post.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add mushrooms and garlic to it. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes on medium low heat until the mushrooms are cooked and start turning brown.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the mushrooms and let this cook on low flame until the vinegar is reduced.
- Once the vinegar is completely reduced, add the whipping cream and mix everything. Let this cook (and come together) for not more than a minute.
- Add the boiled pasta, salt & pepper, thyme and cook this for another minute or two max and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and serve hot.
This recipe is sponsored by borges. All views expressed are our own.
We made this recipe with full fat coconut milk, and nutritional yeast to replace the parm in making it vegan. This recipe is FANTASTIC! Not only was it incredibly simple to put together, but the flavours were off the charts! A solid 5/5 on this baby!
Thanks a lot Megan fo this sweet comment. I am so happy that you were able o vegan-ise the recipe. Will also add this in the notes (thanks to you!) - so happy that it turned out good 😀
What substitutions did you use, please? The coconut milk for the cream, and if so, how much? Thanks!
Hi Tracy, I think you could replace the exact quantity 🙂 Many have tried this with coconut cream. Hope you enjoy the recipe 🙂
Sooooo delicious!! Now it is my fav pasta recipe 😍 thank you
yay 😀 so glad that you liked it.
Just made this for the second time. I had to use heavy cream but it still came out delish! I had to stop myself from eating the entire pot in one sitting. Thank you for this recipe!
SO glad you liked it. Thank you so much fo trying 😀
When I make this again I'll double the amount of mushrooms. I'm not fond of mushrooms but these are incredible!! I didn't see the amount of thyme so I used 1 tsp. It needed a little "kick" so I used a little red pepper flakes. Next time I may increase the garlic or balsamic slightly. This is such a great recipe.
Thank you Marti for trying & your sweet comment 😀