Creamy garlicky mushroom and spinach pasta is simple farfalle tossed in a velvety cream sauce made with simple ingredients ready in quick easy steps.
- 1 cup Pasta (Farfalle)
- 2 tbsp Butter (check notes for vegan)
- 200 grams Mushrooms (sliced)
- 200 grams Spinach (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Cream (check notes for vegan)
- 1/4 cup Milk (check notes for vegan)
- 1/4 cup Reserved Pasta Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Stock Powder (or 1 cube)
- Boil pasta as per package instructions. Reserve some pasta water to b used later.
- In a pan/ pot, saute mushrooms with some butter and garlic. Add chopped spinach until it is wilted.
- Add cream, milk, stock powder, reserved pasta water, salt, pepper and cook on low heat for a minute or two until the cream just begins to bowl (from corners of the pot).
- Add boiled pasta, mix well and cook for an additional minute. Serve hot.
Vegan version: Many of my readers have veganised this pasta recipe by simply using vegan butter or oil in place of butter and by replacing milk and cream with coconut milk. It should work well (check comments section)