New year, new me? Raise your hand if you say that every year too! At least I do… From resolutions to goals, I am always all in for the NEW YEAR, NEW ME (here’s hoping)
Eating healthy continues to remain on my list and I am glad I was able to make some positive changes in my diet including lots of salads. I also created some healthy breakfast recipes and slowly focussing on mains like curries etc. This recipe for corn, chickpea and kale coconut curry is something I have been making at least once in two weeks ever since it officially began getting cold in New Delhi. Enjoyed with quinoa or brown rice, this wholesome corn, chickpea and kale coconut curry is warm, cosy and the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night meal.
Things I love about corn chickpea kale coconut curry
- its vegan
- one pot
- coconut milk (heart eyes :D)
- easy peasy
- ready in 15 minutes
I love how this warm curry comes together in simple steps and so full of flavour. Most of all, I find it great that this is an amazing way to incorporate kale in a curry recipe. I mean? wow. Lets get started with the recipe.
How to make corn chickpea kale coconut curry?
Start by lightly frying some sweet corn in some oil with ginger and garlic. Let this get all toasty and crispy.
Add in your spices: curry powder, chilli, salt. Sauté. Then add in the stock cube, coconut milk, honey, water, chickpeas and kale.
Let this cook until it thickens up and everything is mixed well. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
Dig in!! Make sure you get a bit of corn chickpea and kale in every bite! YUM!
Similar recipes that you might like:
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
- Soupy Thai Red Curry Rice Noodles
- Grilled Corn and Beans Feta Salad
- Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- Couscous Salad with Grilled Veggies and Roasted Chickpeas
- Thai Red Curry
Scroll down for the recipe card for this amazing corn chickpea and kale coconut curry.Print
Corn chickpea kale coconut curry. Healthy, delicious and warm – perfect winter comfort food.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Sweet Corn (boiled)
- 4 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 cube Stock Powder
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight and boiled)
- 3 cups Kale (chopped)
- 1 tbsp sugar (pref. brown sugar)
- 2/3 cup Water
- Brown rice/ quinoa (for serving)
- Heat oil and add ginger, garlic and sweet corn. Let cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes until the corn is toasted and crispy.
- Add curry powder, salt, chilli powder, stock cube, chickpeas, kale, coconut milk, water and sugar. Let cook for about 10 minutes on medium low flame until the curry has thickened up and the kale leaves have wilted.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa. Enjoy.