Learn how to make simple and delicious Thai red curry in easy steps!
Classic vegetarian Thai red curry – slightly sweet, super spicy and loaded with veggies. Serve this delicious Thai red curry with some steamed rice/ jasmine rice/ sticky rice – and there you have yourself somer real comfort food! This delicious curry is ready with just 2 basic ingredients – coconut milk and Thai red curry paste . Any Thai red curry recipe would obviously involve Thai red curry paste – we have been using REAL THAI – easily available in India – for years now. You can find them at any supermarket (Modern Bazar/ Foodhall/ Bib Basket etc.)
For this recipe, we used a mix of vegetables like mushrooms, baby corn, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper – you can obviously also add bok choy and tofu as well.
This simple Thai red curry is perfect with rice and has super creamy consistency. Many Thai red curry recipes call for thickening agents like cornflour slurry or flour, but we simply let the curry cook for a slightly longer time with coconut milk and it thickened naturally.
What to enjoy this curry with? Steamed rice or these yummy sesame rice noodles.
Similar recipes from the blog that you might like:
- chicken gyozas
- creamy mushroom toast
- mushroom gyozas
- soupy Thai red curry rice noodles
- crispy baby corn salt and pepper
- creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- crispy orange chicken
Scroll down for the full recipe:
Easy delicious sweet and spicy Thai red curry with vegetables.
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Mixed Veggies (Mushrooms, Baby Corn, Yellow Capsicum, Red Capsicum)
- 3 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Heat oil in a pan and add the veggies. Let cook until they turn slightly light brown in colour.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of water and Thai red curry paste.
- Add this to the cooked veggies, turn down the flame to low and let this cook for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of water and let cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Finally add the coconut milk and sugar and let this cook until the curry is thickened.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.