Traffic and income report of an Indian food blog for May 2020 including tips, best practices and take aways.
Thank you for joining me in another monthly blog report for traffic and income that I earn with my Indian food blog. If you are new, you might wanna check out the income reports for March 2020 and April 2020.
Surprisingly the traffic for May 2020 was EXACTLY the same as April 2020 i.e. 1,40,000 page views. Good to see the blog witness more than 100,000 page views a month another month in a row.
- Advertising (Mediavine) = $997.62 with RPM $8.73 (sessions), $6.9 (page views)
- Tailwind= $15
- Food Blogger Pro membership = $23
- Bluehost= $15
- Lightroom= $11
- Jetpack = $11
- Link in Profile = $11
Total expenses = $288
*This income report does not include taxes & payments to support staff helping us with this blog. The expenditure does not include site lock & also no grocery costs are added because it is varied & also consumed within family as meals.
**This income report does not include earnings for sponsored content (which was an Instagram only package for a brand we have been working with since over 2 years) This we plan to keep confidential, however we are more than happy to help you – do write us an email on [email protected] if you have any specific questions for sponsored content 🙂
Its strange that I earned $1000 dollars in the month of May 2020 with my food blog by advertising with mediavine, inspite of having the same traffic for April 2020, where I made $682 with my food blog – It really, truly, depends on the RPM. While I was preparing for my application and goals for mediavine, I read a lot of reports and did my research on what exactly RPM is and how does it work? The difference of amount in my income reports of April ($682) and May ($997) is because the RPM this month was higher than the RPM of April 2020.
Things I learned in May 2020
- Pinterest: I knew and heard that Pinterest acts as one of the biggest sources for driving traffic to your food blog, and I am happy to learn more and more about Pinterest from the web, from blogging community and most of all from food blogger pro. One awesome thing I did this month, was to create really long pins & then schedule them on TAILWIND. Longer pins with bold text have really helped me with traffic via Pinterest. Here is an example for my recipe for 10-minute peanut sauce rice noodles.
Another example would be this very old recipe for Mushroom Puffs on my blog – I created a very long image pin & that ended up being my most popular pin for the last 30 days with almost 8,800 clicks to the website.
This progress with Pinterest definitely helps in overall growth of the account, that resulted in 4.1 million monthly views on our Pinterest account.
- Videos – with a little more organisation and dedication, & the brilliant video courses on food blogger pro, I was able to come up with a plan for producing videos for (almost) all recipes that exist on this website. The plus side of this videos project would be better user experience & also better RPMs for mediavine, meaning more income – the disadvantage would be creating less content, which means I would be switching back to creating more quality less quantity with about 12-15 blog posts a month instead of 15+. Check out the latest videos on this blog: 10-minute peanut sauce noodles, garlic cheese toast, mango pudding, baked garlic butter fries.
Goals for June 2020
- Income: to earn more than $1500 per month with mediavine advertising.
- Videos: to be able to produce more content (with the videos included)
- How-to series: I received a lot of requests in the past few weeks, to do separate blog posts on blogging – so far I am planning to write about: how to set up a food blog, content creation strategy, content creation pattern, sponsored content, approaching brands and generally about making money on a food blog.
I would love to know if there is more that you want me to cover in the upcoming posts. Feel free to comment below or drop me an email with your ideas and suggestions 🙂 Thanks again for joining me today, for visiting this website, for trying the recipes. Here is a recap of my previous blogging-related blog posts.
- traffic and income report March 2020
- traffic and income report April 2020
- beyond recipes @ TTCP Feb 2020
- beyond recipes @ TTCP Jan 2020
- a day in the life of a part time blogger
- food photography tips for beginners
- eight ways to grow traffic on your food blog