Sweet and spicy peanut sauce rice noodles ready in less than 10 minutes making it perfect for a quick dinner or lunch recipe. Vegan, gluten free and so healthy and yummy!
Inspired by my recipe for this (popular on Pinterest) recipe for peanut sauce crunchy tofu and broccoli rice bowls, this simple, quick and easy peanut butter rice noodles recipe with delicious Thai flavours has been my go-to recipe when I need to make something vegetarian using basic pantry ingredients lying in my kitchen.
Gluten free soft rice noodles tossed in a peanut butter sauce, made with soy sauce, spicy sauce (like sriracha), garlic, sesame oil (optionahoney (or use maple syrup to make it vegan), water and of course peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, whatever you like). Serve hot or cold however you like, sprinkle with crunchy crushed toasted peanuts or white or black sesame seeds or spring onions and its ready to be served.
How to make peanut sauce rice noodles?
You really need just ten minutes to make this entire recipe – start to finish. Start by assembling your sauce ingredients and your rice noodles. Boil the rice noodles as per package instructions. While the rice noodles are boiling, prepare your Thai peanut butter sauce.
What kind of noodles to use for this recipe?
I absolutely love using rice noodles for all of my asian recipes including this one. You can use whatever noodles you have in your pantry, spaghetti and other pasta noodles should work as well.
How to make asian peanut butter sauce?
What you need?
Peanut butter – the hero ingredient of this recipe, use whatever you like: creamy or crunchy.
Soy sauce – honestly I hardly ever get the diff between dark soy or light soy. I used 1 tbsp of light soy sauce for this recipe. If you are using dark soy, then just use 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
Honey – for the sweetness, but you can use maple syrup instead. 1/2 tbsp of sugar works too.
Garlic – 2 small cloves of garlic in the blender.
Lemon juice – just 1/2 tbsp for that tangy flavour
Add all of the peanut sauce ingredients + 5tbsp of water to the blender and mix for 7-8 seconds until smooth.
Add the sauce to the rice noodles (while they are still hot), mix and cook for about a minute or two on medium flame. Add more water if needed. Season with salt, pepper an serve.
- crispy fried corn
- spring onions
- toasted sesame seeds
- crushed toasted peanuts for that extra crunch
- baked crunchy tofu and grilled broccoli
- grilled vegetables
- summer spring rolls (tofu, rice and vegetables) with peanut dipping sauce
- peanut sauce tofu and broccoli rice bowls
- vegetarian pad thai noodles
- sesame rice noodles
- vegetarian Thai red curry
- crispy orange chicken
- soupy Thai red curry rice noodles
- crispy baby corn salt & pepper
- crispy fried corn
Here is the video for how to make 10-minute peanut sauce noodles
Sweet and spice peanut sauce rice noodles ready in less than 10 minutes making it perfect for a quick dinner or lunch recipe. Vegan, gluten free and so healthy and yummy!
- 150 grams rice noodles (or any kind of noodles)
- salt (optional – I did not need in mine!)
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, you choose)
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or any spicy sauce) – use only 1/2 tbsp if you dont want it very spicy
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup or 1/2 tbsp sugar)
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (optional but definitely recommended)
- sesame seeds
- spring onions
- crushed peanuts
- Boil the rice noodles s per package instructions.
- While the noodles are boiling, add all sauce ingredients to a blender and mix until a smooth sauce is ready.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the cooked noodles and mix well. Serve at room temperature or colr or if you want them hot, then cook for about a minute or two on medium flame. Add more water if needed. Transfer to serving bowls and add some sesame seeds or spring onions before serving.