Can not believe the first month of 2018 has gone by already!? Its valentines day in less than ten days and we were so looking forward to trying some valentines day-inspired recipes and test them for you guys. These strawberry cream cheese heart puffs could be the perfect treats to impress your significant other.
If you guys have been following us on our blog or Instagram you would have realised by now how much we love cooking with puff pastry. It is easily available at all food stores and you can make so many nice things with them. A few examples from our blog would be Chocolate Braided Christmas Tree or these amazing Ricotta and Spinach puffs – give them a try, you will definitely love them!
Coming back to these gorgeous heart puffs. These strawberry cream cheese puffs are so easy to make and you really only need a handful of ingredients to make these puffs.
The store-bought puff pastry is so so good and you just need to thaw it before using it for these puffs. The same amount of time also has to be given to the cream cheese, which needs to be brought to room temperature before using it. For this recipe, we took out the cream cheese and the puff pastry two hours in advance and placed them in the microwave to come to room temperature. It is very important to use the cream cheese only when it has come to a lower temperature so that it can spread easily on the pastry.
A little tip before you start reading the recipe – do not leave the thawed pastry on the kitchen surface for a long time, else it would start drying up. Read the recipe below for full instructions 🙂
You start by cutting out little hearts out of the puff pastry with the help of a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
The next step would be to make a smaller heart with the help of a toothpick. Like this…
Fill in the hearts with cream cheese and chopped up strawberries:
and brush some milk:
and bake these 🙂
Some more dessert recipes that you might wanna try:
- eggless tiramisu
- valentines day lemon cupcakes
- no bake chocolate tart
- creamy baked cheesecake
- espresso panna cotta
- no bake coffee chocolate cheesecake
- salted caramel cheesecake bars
- no bake chocolate truffles
Here is the detailed recipe for you guys:Print
Gorgeous heart shaped puffs with cream cheese and strawberry. Perfect treats for Valentines!
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1 pack Puff Pastry (or 300 grams)
- 60 grams Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 115 grams Fresh Strawberries (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Honey (for drizzling)
- Chop the strawberries very finely and keep them aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and sugar. You can also microwave this mixture for about ten to fifteen seconds. (- not more than 15 seconds)
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen surface. Roll out the thawed puff pastry into a large rectangle. Make little hearts using a heart-shaped cookie cutter and make even small hearts within, using a toothpick as explained above in the blog post.
- Carefully transfer the hearts from the floured surface and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread the cream cheese and sugar mixture on the puff pastry – only on the inside heart.
- Place the chopped strawberries carefully – again only on the inside heart. Brush some milk on the pastries, on the outside part and bake them in preheated oven at 200 degrees for eighteen to twenty minutes or until they are golden brown and puffed up.
- Take them out of the oven and drizzle some honey on the puffs and serve.