There are two kind of cookie-lovers in the world - the kind of people who love basic buttery cookies and then there are people who love chewy chunky-fudgy cookies which are more like an in-between of cake and cookies. We belong to the latter and came across the best chocolate cookie recipe and wanted to share the same with you.
These chocolate chip cookies are so chewy, you wouldn't stop yourself from hogging them. These cookies would last over a week (depends on your self-control) when stored in an air-tight container and are best eaten after being microwaved for about 10 seconds. Dunk them in warm milk or have these warmed up cookies with ice cream - you will love them in any way.
Coming to recipe - feel free to use as many and whatever kind of chocolate chips you want. For this recipe we used about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and we used the dark ones - you can make your choice between milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
A few more things you must read before following the recipe
- the dough must be chilled before preparing the cookies
- do not flatten the cookies once you put them on the baking tray - the heat of the oven will do the magic on its own and shape the cookies perfectly.
- to place/ shape the cookies, we used the smallest measuring cup: 1/8 cup and placed the dough on the sheet before baking them in pre heated oven
Here is the recipe for you guys:Print
Ultimate chocolate chip cookies which are so chewy and fudgy and are made in just one bowl.
- 1/2 Cup White sugar (powdered)
- 3/4 Cup Brown sugar (powdered)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
- 1 Egg (at room temp.)
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Dark or Milk Chocolate chips
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix together white sugar, brown sugar, salt and butter.
- Add the egg to the mixture and mix properly followed by adding flour, baking powder, butter, chocolate chips and combine everything properly.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes before preparing the cookies.
- Pre heat the oven and line a baking tray with some butter paper and keep aside. Prepare the cookies by using a mixture of quantity 1/8th cup (smallest measuring cup) and place it on the tray. DO NOT FLATTEN THE COOKIE. The cookie will cook and flatten down on its own once it starts baking.
- Bake about 6 cookies at a time and bake them for 12-15 minutes at 180 degree celsius. Once baked, let them sit for about 10-15 minutes before you serve them.