Gorgeous heart shaped puffs with cream cheese and strawberry. Perfect treats for Valentines!
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1 pack Puff Pastry (or 300 grams)
- 60 grams Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 115 grams Fresh Strawberries (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Honey (for drizzling)
- Chop the strawberries very finely and keep them aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and sugar. You can also microwave this mixture for about ten to fifteen seconds. (- not more than 15 seconds)
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen surface. Roll out the thawed puff pastry into a large rectangle. Make little hearts using a heart-shaped cookie cutter and make even small hearts within, using a toothpick as explained above in the blog post.
- Carefully transfer the hearts from the floured surface and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread the cream cheese and sugar mixture on the puff pastry - only on the inside heart.
- Place the chopped strawberries carefully - again only on the inside heart. Brush some milk on the pastries, on the outside part and bake them in preheated oven at 200 degrees for eighteen to twenty minutes or until they are golden brown and puffed up.
- Take them out of the oven and drizzle some honey on the puffs and serve.