Brie and onion puffs: little bite sized puff pastries filled with brie and onion relish - perfect appetiser recipe.
In the process of re-designing our website, we were stuck for a long time on the step where we had to create and assign categories to all our recipes. We learned how grateful we are for puff pastry and how more than 30 percent of the recipes on our blog are using puff pastry as the main ingredient. So obviously, we had no other choice but to create an entire section dedicated to puff pastry recipes for you guys.
Click here to see all puff pastry recipes on our blog. Some of them are listed below:
- Mushroom Puffs
- Garlic and chilli chicken puffs
- Spinach & Ricotta Puffs
- Puff Pastry Christmas Tree
- Cream Cheese & Strawberry Heart Puffs
Puff pastry for us is one super magical + really affordable ingredient that comes with endless possibilities and we loved creating these brie and onion puffs, specially because we got to use this onion relish by the Gourmet Jar.
Nothing screams more gourmet than these brie and onion puffs to serve at your next gathering. This onion relish by the Gourmet Jar paired so well with good quality brie cheese. The sweet caramelised flavour of the onions made it most definitely the perfect choice for these brie and onion puffs.
How to make brie and onion puffs?
You start by thawing the puff pastry, but still making sure that it is slightly cold so that the parchment paper wrapped around it comes off easily.
Then you sprinkle some flour on the flat surface and roll the pastry out with the help of a rolling pin.
Cut small circles (approximately 3 cm diameter)
Top about one tsp of onion relish & some brie (cut in small cubes)
Cover the pastry with another layer of puff pastry (stretch out this second layer before putting it on top of the onion relish & brie)
Carefully shape them with the help of a fork as shown in the picture below:
This should have increased the size by about .25 to .05 cm. Now use the same cutter to make another cut in order to get a neater puff out of this puff pastry
Brush some egg on them before baking.
Bake these bite sized puffs until they look like this:Print
Bite sized puff pastries stuffed with brie & onion relish
- 2-3 tbsp Flour (to roll out the pastry)
- 1 pack Puff Pastry (approx 300 grams)
- 1/4 cup Onion Relish (see recipe notes)
- 70 grams Brie (chopped)
- 1 Egg
- Thaw the puff pastry on the kitchen counter. Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll our the puff pastry.
- Cut little circles as shown above in the blog post and preheat the oven at 180 degrees at this stage
- Chop some brie cheese and keep aside.
- Spread about 1 tsp of onion relish on the puff pastry.
- Top some of the chopped brie cheese.
- Cover it with another layer of puff pastry and shape it with the help of a fork.
- Line the puffs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush some egg on top of the pastries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastries are puffed up and golden brown in colour. Serve.
This post is sponsored by The Gourmet Jar. Thank you for supporting brands that are making this site possible.