Our obsession with the killer combo of sour cream and onion started with the Lays Sour Cream Onion Chips. The combination beats everything and no wonder these our our favourite chips of all time.
We are on a new project of creating dips for you guys and have listed down so many interesting ideas.
To name a few: roasted red pepper dip, layered mexican dip, beetroot hummus and this amazing caramelised onion dip which was over within minutes after serving!
This caramelised onion dip is a winner recipe we created a few days ago which was loved by everyone we served it to. The sweet and sour flavour of the sweet caramelised onions and the sour cream plus some mayonnaise mixed together with some spring onions gave us a killer life-changing dip! Serve this with some chips/ nachos/ toasted bread or vegetables like carrots or peppers and top up your cards party or game nights with this delicious caramelised onion and sour cream dip.
The hero of this dip is obviously the quick and easy caramelised onion relish we prepared in very easy steps.
You start by cooking the onions with some balsamic vinegar & brown sugar. Mix some sour cream & mayonnaise. Add the onions, garlic powder and spring onions. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours & SERVE 🙂
Watch out our youtube video for this recipe here
Scroll down for full recipe:Print
A delicious sour cream and caramelised onion dip with spring onions/ scallions.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 cup Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Spring onion/ scallions (chopped)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the onions to it. Sprinkle some salt and cover and let cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium high flame.
- Once the onions are slightly caramelised, add brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Give this a quick mix for about 6-7 seconds and cover again. Turn the flame from medium high to medium low. Cover and let the onions cook at low fame for approximately 10-12 minutes until they are completely caramelised. Keep checking in between to avoid them from burning.
- Once the onions are completely cooked and caramelised, transfer them to a small bowl and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and salt. Give this a good mix.
- Now add the caramelised onions & scallions and give this one last mix. Sprinkle some more spring onions/ scallions and refrigerate the dip for four to six hour before serving.