We love homemade granola for breakfast. You can adjust your flavour, the level of crunch, the amount of nuts and seeds (and chocolate chips) and have yourself a generous serving of homemade granola ready in less than twenty minutes. Last year, we posted the recipe and video for Classic/ Simple Crunchy Granola on our blog, filed under all breakfast recipes on the blog.
(Click here or on the image below for the recipe and video)
and made these gorgeous parfaits for breakfast with berries.
We make the classic granola from the blog every month and it is our favourite thing to eat for breakfast. We upped our granola game last week when we developed a simple recipe for crunchy peanut butter granola. Two/ three tablespoons of this peanut butter granola over some yogurt makes for a very healthy delicious filling breakfast.
This recipe for easy crunchy peanut butter granola makes about one medium jar, which can be comfortably consumed for about on week for two people, given that it is eaten every alternate day for breakfast. We like ours with yogurt, some fresh fruit and chocolate chips.
Scroll down for quick and easy recipe.Print
Easiest homemade crunchy peanut butter granola recipe
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter (melted in microwave)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Milk and White chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Microwave peanut butter in a mixing bowl until completely melted.
- Add honey and vanilla and mix well.
- Add oats and mix until oats are covered with the peanut butter, vanilla, honey mixture.
- Transfer the oats to a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 7 minutes.
- Take the sheet out of the oven and mix the oats and bake again for additional 5-6 minutes until they turn slightly brown in colour. Keep an eye on them in this second part and they can burn easily/ very quickly.
- Let the granola cool down at room temperature for at least 20-25 minutes before adding the chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy with yogurt and fresh fruits.