Suuuuper crunchy noodles from the ouside, topped with a delicious chilli garlic sauce with vegetables – these pan fried noodles are easier to make than they look. All you need is a non stick wok (indian kadhai works too!) and patience to not flip the noodles before 4.5 minutes!!!!
These brown golden parts of noodles that get slightly soggy – just the right amount of sogginess – with the chilli garlic vegetable sauce makes up for a super delicious pan asian meal. We prepared our chilli garlic sauce using Chilli Garlic dip by Aamra.
With real bits and pieces of red chilli and garlic, this was the perfect choice for this recipe!!
You simply start by preparing the crispy pan fried noodles by heating oil in a wok, carefully transferring the noodles to it.
Remember to be super patient and wait exactly 4.5 minutes before you flip.
Let these cook further and transfer to a serving bowl….
Prepare the sauce by cooking some veggies in a pan until they are golden brown.
Add the chilli garlic paste.
Vegetable stock + slurry to finish the sauce.
Now assemble your dish by transferring the sauce over the crispy noodles.
Scroll down for full recipe 🙂
Crispy pan fried noodles topped with chilli garlic vegetables
- 150 grams Classic noodles/ egg noodles
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 6–8 pieces Babycorn
- 1 medium size Broccoli
- 1 medium size Red capsicum
- 1 medium size Yellow capsicum
- 2 tbsp Chilli garlic dip/ paste
- 3/4 cup Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp water
- to taste salt
- Boil the noodles/ egg noodles and keep aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp oil and transfer about 75 grams of noodles to it. Let cook covered on medium low heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- After 4-5 minutes, drizzle /2 tbsp oil on the noodles and flip them and cook covered for 4 minutes on medium low heat. Transfer it to a serving bowl and repeat the same steps for remaining 75 grams of noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the chilli garlic vegetable sauce. In a pan, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil and add in all your veggies.
- Let cook on medium heat until they turn slightly crisp and add chilli garlic paste. Let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and salt.
- Prepare slurry by mixing cornflour and water and it to the sauce and let it thicken.
- Once cooked, transfer it over the crispy pan dried noodles. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and spring onions and serve hot.
This post is sponsored by AAMRA.Thank you for supporting brands that are making this site possible.