Golden crispy fried corn sautéed in indo-chinese flavours of soy sauce, chilli paste, tomato ketchup.
- 2 cups Sweet Corn (boiled)
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp Flour ((maida))
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Honey
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sweet corn, corn flour and flour (maida). Mix well until all kernels are well coated with flour mixture. Add not more than 1 tsp water (only if required)
- Deep fry the corn kernels by transferring them to hot oil and immediately covering it (lid on) - the kernels will start to pop up and eventually "settle" once fried.
- Uncover the frying pan, once you stop hearing the pop sound and transfer the golden fried corn to kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add onion and garlic to it.
- Saute until slightly brown in colour.
- Add chopped capsicum and saute until cooked well.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup and honey. Mix well.
- Add deep fried golden corn, salt and pepper and mix again. Serve hot.