Oven baked delicious crispy tofu that is so crunchy from the outside, soft and chewy from inside. Made in less than 30 minutes in simple, quick and easy steps. Perfect vegan, vegetarian and healthy addition to curries, sauces, salads and noodles.
- 200 grams firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or any oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour or corn starch
- Drain out the liquid from the tofu block and get rid of any excess moisture (see note 1)
- Cut the dry, moisture-free tofu block into chunks or cubes of your desired size.
- To a large mixing bowl, add tofu cubes, oil, corn flour (or corn starch) salt and pepper. Give it a gentle mix and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake at 200 degrees for 25 minutes or until the tofu is browned up from the outside. Do not over-bake, as it will dry out completely.
- Use the cooked / baked crunchy tofu in Thai red curry or a delicious quinoa salad, or make some peanut sauce tofu or hoisin tofu to serve with sesame rice noodles, or hakka noodles or a delicious serving of ginger garlic fried rice.
- The number one tip to make really delicious baked tofu is to get rid of all possible moisture from the tofu block. The easiest way to make the firm tofu really dry and free of any excess moisture is to wrap it in a kitchen cloth and place something heavy over it, so that the kitchen towel or cloth absorbs all the liquid and every little bit of moisture is drained out of the tofu block. Let it sit covered and pressed for about 15 minutes. Check out the video in this blog post to see how I do this.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, tofu, baked, healthy, mains, snack