Looking for an easy no bake-dessert to make this strawberry season? This Strawberry & Chocolate Tart is one of the easiest desserts to make and you need just a handful ingredients that are put together and the tart goes in the refrigerator to be chilled and served later.
There is something about the super combination of Strawberries and Chocolate that makes you want to try so many things with them. Who doesn't love simple strawberries dipped in chocolate or just strawberries covered COMPLETELY with chocolate? This combination is just deadly! Anyway, I am so glad I tried this dessert and was also able to use the same for a bigger tart => 10-inch tart and serve it to our guests.
All you need for these tarts are some fresh strawberries, milk chocolate, oreos, melted butter and some cream, which was measured carefully in the measuring mug from Fackelmann India
By Sheenam and Muskaan December-28-2017
Easy chocolate tarts topped with fresh strawberries
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins, plus 2 hours chilling
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
Yield: Two 4-inch tarts
- 122 grams oreo cookies
- 40 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- 100 mls of cream
- 110 grams strawberries
- 100 grams chopped milk chocolate (we used Morde)
- Blend the oreo cookies until a crumby texture is formed.
- Transfer the oreos to a bowl and add the melted butter to it. Mix together until the oreos crumbs are moist and a little sticky texture is formed.
- Press the cookie mixture on the tart shells with the help of a spoon and smoothen up with the tips of your fingers. Freeze this for roughly 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream in a bowl and heat this in the microwave (do not boil, just slight simmering should work) and pour this over the chopped up milk chocolate. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and then mix together until all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate on the cold oreo tarts and this goes back again in the refrigerator for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Slice the strawberries and cover the tarts with them. Keep the tarts in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour 45 minutes more before serving.