Easy cherry tomatoes and garlic pasta. Al dente Spaghetti tossed in a simple cherry tomato, garlic, butter sauce.
- 130 grams Spaghetti
- 150 grams Cherry Tomatoes (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Pasta Water
- 3 tbsp Basil Leaves (chopped)
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions. Reserve some pasta water to be used later for the pasta sauce.
- Heat some butter in a pan and add chopped garlic to it. Let this cook on low flame for about 2 minutes until the garlic turns light brown in colour. Keep an eye on it, as you don't want to burn the garlic.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and let cook on medium low flame for about 4-5 minutes until the tomatoes start turning soft in texture. Smash them down with the help of a spatula and cook further.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the starchy pasta water, salt and pepper. Let this cook for 2 more minutes and add the pasta to the this.
- Toss the pasta until the spaghetti is nicely coated with the tomato sauce.
- Transfer them to serving bowls and sprinkle some chopped basil leaves before serving.