Soft chunks of apple caramelised with brown sugar, flavoured with cinnamon and topped with a crispy oat and flour crumble - how sinful does that sound 😀
Make a crisp warm apple crumble in simple easy steps! Serve this apple crumble with a generous scoop of ice cream and you have a winner dessert for a crowd. We love apple based desserts - be it a freshly baked apple pie or apple tarts We have lately become huge fans of basic overnight oats with apples and cinnamon too. Anyway, moving to this recipe, making apple crumble is super easy!
Scroll to the end of the post for the video for this recipe.
The filling of the apple crumble is a simple apple, cinnamon, lemon, sugar filling and the crispy topping is a mixture of oats and flour making the crumble extra crunchy.
You start by making the crumble. In a large bowl, mix together flour and oats. Add melted butter and brown sugar to this.
Give this a mix until everything comes together.
Keep this aside and prepare the apple filling.
Chop a couple of apples and mix together with cinnamon, vanilla essence, brown sugar, white sugar and lemon juice.
Give this a mix.
Now add the crumble topping and BAKE!
Once it is nicely baked, serve the warm crumble with some ice cream.
#justfoodblogger things that the ice cream melts all the way while you are taking 1753723 pictures of your crumble and starts looking like yogurt! But really, just look at the chunks of apple - so sinful!
Some more dessert recipes from the blog that you might like:
- no bake coffee chocolate cheesecake
- easy step by step banoffee pie recipe
- no bake chocolate truffles
- salted caramel cheesecake bars
- easy no bake chocolate tart (4 ingredients only)
Soft chunks of apple caramelised with brown sugar, flavoured with cinnamon and topped with a crispy oat and flour crumble.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup + 3 tbsp Brown Sugar (divided)
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Apples (medium sized, peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Prepare the apple crumble topping by mixing together flour, oats, butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar (reserving the remaining 2 tbsp for later) Mix everything and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- In a 7X7 baking dish, mix together chopped apples, white sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon powder and remaining brown sugar.
- Cover the apples with the crumble topping and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Once cooked, transfer this to a cooling rack for about 10-15 minutes and serve warm with vanilla icecream.
This post is sponsored by Borosil. All views expressed are our own. Thank you for supporting brands that are making this site possible.