Small batch apple crumble perfect for 2 (two) servings/ persons. Cinnamon flavoured sweet, buttery, caramelised apples topped with a golden crunchy oat and flour crumble.
Oat and flour crumble
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp caster sugar (white sugar) or brown sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter (see note 1)
- 1 cup apple (1 medium sized apple chopped in cubes)
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar(white sugar) or brown sugar or mix of both
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- In a bowl, mix oats, flour, melted and castor sugar. Mix with a spoon until a crumble is formed. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, add chopped apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla essence & castor sugar. Mix until the apples are fully coated with cinnamon, sugar and vanilla.
- Divide the apple mixture in two ramekins.
- Add the crumble on each and transfer the ramekins to preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the ramekins cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with ice cream or go extra and drizzle homemade salted caramel sauce.
- normally the original recipe for apple crumble on my blog calls for unsalted butter, but I used salted butter for this recipe and it worked just fine - better I guess.. but this is entirely your choice - to use salted butter or unsalted butter.