Crispy potato skins loaded with cheese, sweet corn and jalapeños - baked to perfection giving you the most fun and delicious appetiser or snack that is so easy to make.
- 7 potatoes (boiled)
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- spring onions (optional)
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.Cut the potatoes lengthwise (skin on: do not peel) and carefully scoop out the flesh of the potatoes and transfer to a bowl. (see note 1)
- In a small bowl mix olive oil and salt.Place the potato skins skin side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Rub some oil mixed with salt with a brush on both sides of the potato.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 40 minutes.In the meanwhile, prepare the filling: mix together chopped jalapeños, sweet corn, oregano, pepper, salt and grated mozzarella cheese. Mix well and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Once the potatoes are cooked (after 40 minutes in the oven) carefully add 1 tbsp of corn, jalapeno and cheese filling to the potatoes and transfer to the oven again and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Sprinkle some spring onions and chilli flakes. Serve hot.