These bite sized delights can be served as the perfect appetiser for your next get-together. Make these delicious crostini using just a handful of ingredients and this snack is ready in minutes!! Crispy toasted golden brown bread topped with soft goats cheese (-mixed with some honey) and further topped with olive tapenade, crushed walnuts and garnished with some fresh thyme - burst of flavours in one small bite!
This Olive Tapenade from The Gourmet Jar is made with kalamata olives and was perfect for this recipe. The texture was amazing with crushed capers and olives and the saltiness was just about perfect which got completely balanced with the sweetened goats cheese.
Some very easy basic ingredients were used to further assemble this crostini.
We started with lining the crostini (store bought from Food Hall) on a baking tray. You can also slice some fresh baguette into smaller pieces for bite sized crostini or bigger ones if you want bigger servings.
Prepare some garlic butter by mixing softened butter and minced garlic. You can also replace the minced garlic by adding some garlic powder to the butter.
Spread this on both sides of the crostini and bake....
..... until they are golden brown.
Prepare your toppings:
- goats cheese + honey
- olive tapenade
- crushed walnuts
We added about 2 teaspoons of honey to the goats cheese. This step is completely optional and can be skipped 🙂
Top generously with some olive tapenade. Roughly about one teaspoon.
Top the goats cheese and olive tapenade crostini with some crushed walnuts and garnish them with some thyme.
& ENJOY 🙂
Crispy toasted crostini topped with sweetened goats cheese & olive tapenade.
- 15 pieces Crostini (store bought)
- 3 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 2 tsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Goat's Cheese (softened)
- 2 tsp Honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup Olive Tapenade (store brought)
- 6-7 pieces Walnuts (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius & line the crostini on a baking dish.
- Mix together melted butter & garlic and spread this on the crostini on both sides. Bake the crostini for 7-8 minutes until they are completely toasted and golden brown in colour.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the goats cheese by adding honey to it. Mix well and keep aside.
- Crush the walnuts and keep them aside as well.
- Once the crostini has slightly cooled down, spread about 1/2 tsp of goats cheese and then top it with 1/2 tsp olive tapenade and some crushed walnuts. Garnish with thyme & serve.
This post s sponsored by The Gourmet Jar. A Brand whose products we loved using! All opinions expressed are our own. Click here to buy their Olive Tapenade and check out their complete product range here.