Soft, healthy and delicious falafels or tikki/ kebabs made of chickpeas (white chana / chhole), sweet corn, roasted beetroot and carrot - perfect gluten free, vegan and vegetarian appetiser or snack.
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 3/4 cup boiled sweet corn
- 1 cup carrot (cubed in chunks)
- 1 cup beetroot (cubed in chunks)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup roasted besan
- 3 tbsp oil for pan frying the kebabs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
- To a large mixing bowl, add beetroot and carrots. Add olive oil and salt. Mix well and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchmant paper and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once the carrot and beetroot have roasted/ baked, transfer them the baking sheet to the kitchen counter and let that come down to room temperature.
- Add the cooled down carrots and beetroot to a blender/ food processor.
- Add sweet corn and chickpeas and blitz until a pasty mixture is formed.Transfer this to the large dish.
- Add roasted cumin powder, chilli powder, salt and roasted besan and prepare a dough.
- Prepare small bite sized kebabs and keep asde.
- Add 1.5 tbsp oil to a non stick fry pan and add 4 kebabs at a time, cook for about 1.5 min per side.
- Repeat the same for the remaining kebabs.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or lemon garlic yogurt dip.
Keywords: vegetarian, vegan, healthy, snack, appetiser