Crispy fried Indo-Chinese (asian) style veg spring rolls that are perfect for a vegetarian (and naturally vegan) starter or appetiser filled with vegetables of your choice like carrots, capsicum, beans and cabbage.
- 15 spring roll sheets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup spring onions (white part)
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 3/4 cup carrot (julienne)
- 3/4 cup capsicum (julienne)
- 1/2 cup green beans (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce (like Sriracha)
- oil for deep frying
- Transfer the spring roll sheets from the freezer to the fridge/ kitchen counter to let them naturally thaw.
- To a non stick pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and let this heat over low flame.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for a few seconds on low flame until they are fragrant.
- Add all of the vegetables and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, pepper, soy sauce and sriracha. Mix well.
- Turn the flame to low, cover the pan and let the vegetables cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Take off the lid and stir the vegetables. Let cook for additional 4-5 minutes until fully reduced and lightly browned.
- Turn off the flame and transfer this mixture to a plate lined with kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil. Place additional kitchen paper on top of the veggies to absolutely get rid of any moisture and oil. Press the kitchen paper on the veggie mix so that all oil is absorbed in the kitchen paper.
- Prepare the spring rolls (see step by step method in blog post) and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with dip or chutney or ketchup.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, fried, spring rolls, asian, chinese, Indo, appetiser, snack