Oven roasted tandoori cauliflower (gobi / gobhi) charred and cooked to perfection. Made with simple Indian spices and ready in just 30 minutes - this is the easiest Indian vegetarian appetizer recipe that is perfect for snacking or to enjoy in wraps or over salads.
- 350 grams cauliflower florets (- measured as florets only - roughly 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup yogurt/ dahi/ curd
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp garlic (grated)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Preheat the oven to 230 degree celsius.
- To a large mixing bowl, add yogurt/ curd/ dahi, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric, cumin powder and chilli powder.
- Heat oil for 1-1.5 mins and pour hot oil over the yogurt mix (watch video to see how flavors and spices will get activated - they should crackle/bubble for a few seconds)
- Mix well and add cauliflower florets. Mix until every floret is covered with the marinade.
- Transfer the florets to a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil and transfer to oven to bake for 30 mins at 230 degree celsius until charred and crispy from the edges.
- Serve hot with homemade coriander chutney or prepare wraps and rolls. Or add to fresh salads.
Keywords: cauliflower, roasted, tandoori, Indian