Chocolate balls made with crumbled sponge cake, cream cheese, graham cracker or buttery cookie crunch & fresh strawberries.
- 70 grams chopped strawberries (measured after removing calyx)
- 230 grams sponge cake (crumbled)
- 60 grams cream cheese (softened)
- 75 grams butter cookies or graham crackers + 1 tbsp unsalted butter (crushed)
- 180 grams milk or dark chocolate (as you like)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Crush the cookies (if using graham cracker, then add 1 tbsp butter, other wise no extra butter required for butter cookies)
- Transfer the crushed cookies to a baking sheet and bake for 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, add the crushed sponge cake, cream cheese, chopped strawberries and cooled down cookie crust.
- Mix well and prepare lemon sized balls.
- Melt the chocolate (in microwave or using a double boiler) and dip the cheesecake ball one at a time until fully coated. Add some sprinkles and repeat for the remaining balls.
- Transfer to refrigerator and let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.