Crispy crunchy sesame crusted baked tofu bites.
- 200 grams Tofu (extra firm)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 slices White bread
- 1/4 cup Dahi/ Yoghurt/ Curd
- 1 tbsp Black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp White sesame seeds
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Spring onion
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Place a kitchen towel/ paper towel on a flat surface or chopping board and place the tofu on it. Cover it with the kitchen towel and place a heavy bowl over it, so that all the excess liquid is absorbed by the kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree celsius.
- In a mixing bowl mix together curd, salt, pepper & chilli powder and keep this aside.
- To make bread crumbs, blend the white bread slices with garlic. Transfer the bread crumbs to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake for about 5-6 minutes (keeping a constant eye on them as they can burn easily) until they are golden brown and crispy.
- In another mixing bowl add the white sesame seeds and black sesame seeds.
- Once the breadcrumbs are toasted, transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and dip the cubes one by one - first in the curd mixtures, then in the breadcrumbs and lastly covering it with sesame seeds.
- Transfer these to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and some oil brushed on it. Bake these tofu bites for 15 minutes. Flip them and bake fir another 15-20 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer them to a dish, sprinkle some spring onions and serve with a dipping sauce of choice.