Crispy sabudana vada/ tikki made with simple ingredients: potato & sabudana (tapioca) and deep fried until golden brown. A navratri speciality loved by all.
- 1 Cup Boiled and grated Potato (230 grams)
- 1 Cup soaked and drained Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls) (measured for soaked and drained (puffed up tapioca pearls))
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/3 Cup Coriander (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Oil (for shaping fritters)
- Oil (for deep frying the fritters)
- Boil the potatoes and grate them. Keep aside.
- In a large dish mix together the boiled potatoes, sabudana (tapioca pearls), salt, chilli powder and coriander.
- Rub some oil on the palms and shape the tikkis/ fritters to a small 1 1/2 tbsp measurement ball and flatten them to make fritters.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until they are completely set.
- Deep fry the fritters twice and serve with chutney of choice.