Chunks of Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) tossed in a spicy, flavourful, lightly tangy and a tad bit sweet tomato curry with capsicum (green peppers) and onions – made dhaba style (or restaurant style) at home in simple easy steps (+VIDEO)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp garlic (grated)
- 1 large capsicum (cubed)
- 1 large onion (cubed)
- 1 cup tomato puree: 200 grams (see note 1)
- 1/2 tsp degi mirch
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cream or yogurt
- 200 grams paneer (cubed)
- Add oil to a kadhai (or wok) and let heat for a few seconds. Add ginger and garlic and mix well on medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add onions and capsicum and mix until lightly cooked.
- Add tomato puree, salt, degi mirch, chilli powder, turmeric and mix until well combined.
- Cover and let cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the lid off and add garam masala, coriander powder and sugar. Mix well for a few seconds.
- Add cream or yogurt and finally add the paneer.
- Mix and serve with naan or rice.
- To make tomato puree, simply blitz fresh tomatoes in a blender and use 1 cup (200 grams) for this recipe.
Keywords: paneer, indian cottage cheese, curry, vegetarian, dinner, lunch