No fuss tomato garlic pasta with homemade sauce made using butter, crushed garlic, tomatoes, cream cheese and starchy pasta water - so easy and yummy!
- 2 cups or 130 grams pasta
- 2 medium or 150 grams tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter (salted)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- Boil pasta as per package instructions. Drain the pasta reserving 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water (that you are left with once the pasta has cooked al dente)
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare your tomato garlic sauce. Cut the tomatoes one by four and add them to a blender and mix until they are fully pureed. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add butter and let this melt. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add the pureed tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for 6-8 minutes on medium heat until the excess water has dried out.
- Add olives, pasta water, boiled pasta, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix well and finally add the cream cheese. Cook for one-two minutes and transfer to serving bowls. Enjoy.