Every possible goodness put together to make these gorgeous treats: Oreos + cream cheese dipped in white chocolate and topped with some sprinkles - how delicious and EASY did that sound. These Oreo truffles serve as the perfect treats you could make for dessert!
We made so many of these last year for Christmas. We were invited to a Christmas party and we took these for our host. She absolutely loved it! We made more of these for new years party and also experimented a bit - made some with gin 😀 (Do you guys want the recipe for those as well? Do let us know!) Anyway, this recipe is super easy and you need just a few ingredients as you can see below.
You start by blending the Oreo cookies without removing the filling. Make sure you are using regular Oreo cookies - not chocolate or strawberry or any other flavour (unless you want to make flavoured truffles) Once the Oreos are blended, you add in the very very soft cream cheese to the crushed cookies. We always take out the cream cheese out of the fridge few hours in advance already before using it for the recipe. The soft cream cheese, that has been brought to room temperature will mix easily with the blended Oreos.
Prepare everything before you start making the truffles. Keep your sprinkles ready and your baking tray lined with butter paper. In case you want to sprinkle some crushed Oreos or Oreo powder on the truffles, then keep some of the blended Oreos aside before adding the cream cheese.
Before dipping the truffles in the melted white chocolate, the truffles should be set. We did that by putting the tray in the refrigerator for about ten to fifteen minutes, after which we dipped the truffles in the chocolate and immediately put the sprinkles on the truffles. If you don't put them immediately, the chocolate will already begin to set and the sprinkles will just slip down and you don't want that!
Scroll down for the full recipe and do let us know if you guys make it 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 0 truffles 1x
- Category: Dessert
Blended oreos mixed with cream cheese followed by a generous dipping in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles.
- 20 pieces Oreos (we used oreo original flavour)
- 110 grams cream cheese (softened)
- 150 grams white chocolate (chopped)
- sprinkles or crushed Oreos (for topping the truffles)
- Break the Oreo cookies by four and blend them until a powdery mixture is formed. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Add in the softened cream cheese and mix well so that a sticky mixture is formed.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper and keep it aside. Take about one tablespoon of the Oreo mixture and make a tiny ball and place it on the baking tray. Do the same for the entire mixture and place the tray in the refrigerator for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In the meanwhile, melt the white chocolate by adding the chopped chocolate to a bowl. Microwave this for about three to four minutes mixing at intervals of thirty seconds - this step is important otherwise the chocolate will burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted and the truffles are set in the fridge, take them out and dip the truffles one by one in the chocolate until it is completely covered. Immediately put the sprinkles and do this for all the truffles. Let them set for at least fifteen to twenty minutes before serving.
[…] Oreo truffles […]