Easy one pot garlic butter mushroom rice ready in less than 20 mins - loaded with button mushrooms tossed in best ever garlic butter sauce.
- 300 grams Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Butter (or oil - if trying vegan)
- 1 tbsp Stock Powder or 1 cube (See Note 1)
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 2/3 cup Spring Onions
In a pan, add butter and garlic and sauté for a a few seconds on medium heat until garlic turn light brown and fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes just until they start turning brown in colour.
- Add rice and water, stock cube, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and let cook for 10-12 minutes on medium heat. Turn off the flame and let it stay covered for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Take off the lid and add chopped spring onions. Mix well and serve hot.
Note 1: If you have access to vegetable stock, then skip the stock cube and add stock instead of water.
For my lovely Indian readers: this is the stock cube that I use in my recipes.