Really simple recipe of plain rice tossed in peanuts, desiccated coconut, lemon and south Indian spices.
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 2/3 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Rai Seeds (Red Mustard Seeds)
- 1 tsp Sarson Seeds (Black Mustard Seeds)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 7-8 leaves Kadhi Patta (Curry Leaves)
- 3-4 pieces Dried Red Chillies
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add rai seeds (red mustard seeds), sarson (black mustard seeds), dried red chillies, kadhi patta (curry leaves) to it. Let this crackle on medium low heat for a minute or two.
- Add the peanuts and let them get all toasted and brown in colour.
- Add desiccated coconut and let cook (sautéing consistently) for a minute until the coconut is toasted and turns brown in colour.
- Add salt, rice and lemon juice and mix well until everything is well combined.
- Let the rice cook over medium low heat for additional two to three minutes and serve hot with yogurt or as it is as a snack.