Baby corn tossed in chilli, garlic, pepper 'sauce' with toasted sesame seeds, this recipe for chilli garlic baby corn salt and pepper is so easy and yummy.
- 200 grams Baby corn
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup Corn flour/ corn starch
- 3/4 cup Sparkling water ((soda water))
- 3 cups Water (for blanching baby corn)
Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a frying pan, dry roast the sesame seeds for 3 - 4 minutes stirring consistently with a wooden spoon. Once they turn brown in colour, transfer the toasted seeds to a bowl to be used later.
Golden Fried Baby Corn
- Bring water to boil and add the sliced baby corn and let cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Slice the baby corn one by two and keep aside
- Sieve and transfer the baby corn to a mixing bowl. Pat dry the baby corn until most of the water is evaporated. It is okay, if it is still little wet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of corn flour on the cooked baby corn and mix until every piece is nicely coated with the corn flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large wok for deep frying the baby corn.
- While the oil is heating, take another mixing bowl and add flour and remaining corn flour mixture to it.
- Pour very cold sparkling water and mix only until the mixture becomes lump free. Do not over mix the batter.
- Dip the corn flour coated baby corn sticks in the batter and deep free until golden brown.
Chilli Garlic 'Sauce'
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add chopped garlic, chopped green chilli and red chilli flakes to it.
- Saute for about a minute or maximum two and add the fried baby corn, salt, pepper to it.
- Mix well and add toasted sesame seeds. Garnish with some chopped spring onions and serve hot.