Flaky golden brown chicken puffs baked until crunchy and crispy, filled with a delicious asian style garlic chicken filling made in easy steps. The perfect recipe for appetiser or snack, so filling and absolutely easy to make at home.
For the Asian style garlic chicken filling:
- 150 grams Ground Chicken
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
For the puff pastry puffs:
- 1 sheet or 500 grams of store bought puff pastry
- 1 Egg (see note 1)
- 3 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 3 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- Thaw the puff pastry and place it on the kitchen counter.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the ground chicken to it. Cook on medium low heat for 5 minutes breaking consistently. Add salt, pepper, chilli and garlic and continue cooking.
- Once the chicken is nearly cooked, add soy sauce and honey. Cook for 3-4 minutes more transfer the chicken filling to a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Cut 10 equal rectangles off the puff pastry and carefully place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken filling on one side.
- Stretch the other side (the cover) and place carefully on the sheet. Seal properly and do the same for the remaining 4 puffs.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush egg on the puffs and sprinkle black and white sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree celsius until golden brown in colour.
- Egg wash is applied on the puff pastry dough for the golden colour and also for the sesame seeds to be able to stick on the top of the chicken puffs.
Keywords: chicken, puffs, pastry, puff, asian, filling