Tofu, corn and peppers cooked with garlic, chipotle adobo sauce, served over crunchy toast topped with whipped avocado – perfect vegan breakfast!
- 200 grams firm tofu; moisture free (see notes)
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/3 cup corn (fresh off the cob or frozen American sweet corn)
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (see notes)
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce (see notes)
- 4–5 slices of toasted bread
- 1 avocado (whipped)
- To a heated pan, add extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Cook for a few seconds and add bell peppers. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add tofu cubes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, oregano, cumin and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Scramble the tofu with the back of a wooden spoon and continue cooking until the tofu turns lightly crispy in texture.
- Add corn and beans (if using) and cook for a minute until everything comes together.
- Add some whipped or smashed avocado on toasted bread slices. Add cooked tofu scramble on it and enjoy!
- TOFU: To get rid of any excess moisture from tofu, click here to read some tips that work in my kitchen.
- CHIPOTLE PEPPERS IN ADOBO SAUCE: This is the brand that I use. Use 1 pepper for regular spicy and 2 for VERY spicy. The adobo sauce is simply the leftover liquid in the same tin. Where to find Chipotle Peppers in India? I purchase my can from food hall stores or INA market. Alternatively, you can buy them from Amazon.
Keywords: chipotle, tofu, sofritas, vegan, savory, breakfast