Rich and creamy coffee (espresso) flavoured panna cotta recipe. Made with cream, vegetarian genaltine (or agar agar) in simple easy steps and topped with a rich chocolate layer.
For Coffee Panna Cotta (Espresso Panna Cotta)
- 1 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1 tbsp Gelatine Powder
For Chocolate Topping
- 2/3 cup Chopped Milk Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Cream
- 6 tsp White Chocolate Chips
- In a sauce pan, add milk and gelatine powder. Mix well until the powder granules are completely incorporated in the milk.
- Place this on stove and set the heat on very low flame.
- Add sugar and stir until the sugar is melted.
- Turn off the flame and while the mixture is still hot, add cream and espresso powder. Mix well until the mixture just comes together.
- Pass it through a sieve and immediately transfer the mixture into 6 ramekins/ bowls.
- Let this cool down to room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator to let this set for at least one hour.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by heating cream in a sauce pan. Just when the cream begins to boil, add this over chopped chocolate and let it sit undisturbed for a minute. Mix until the cream and chocolate comes together.
- Pour the chocolate mix over the panna cotta. Add a few chocolate chips and let this cool for 3-4 hours until the panna cotta is completely set.