Classic French toast stuffed with chocolate peanut butter
- 4 slices Bread
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Poweder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 tbsp Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Bananas/ Berries/ Nuts (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius and place the four slices of bread on a grill tray. Transfer the bread to the oven and let cook/ bake for exactly three minutes. Take the bread out of the oven and let cool for 3-4 minutes. If your bread is already a bit stale/ 2 days old/ slightly dry, then you can skip this step.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence.
- Spread one tablespoon each of chocolate peanut butter on each bread slice and cover with one another.
- Melt about one tablespoon of butter in a frying pan.
- Dip the 2 breads together (with chocolate peanut butter in between) into the egg-milk custard and transfer to the hot frying pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes per side (add more butter as you flip) and repeat the same with the remaining bread.
- Top the chocolate peanut butter stuffed french toast with some fresh fruit, drizzle some maple syrup and serve hot.