Cheese and garlic savory muffins - perfect for savory breakfast or snacking! Made with cheddar cheese, garlic, jalapeños and simple pantry ingredients, these muffins are moist, full of flavour and so yummy!
- 2 cups Flour (Maida)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Curd (dahi/ yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, curd (yogurt), melted butter (reserve 2 tbsp to be used for other steps) and cream.
- Add the dry ingredients to this mixture. Do not mix yet. Add grated cheese, salt, pepper, jalapeños, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Mix this for about 6-7 times only until everything comes together. Do not over mix.
- Brush a total of 1 tbsp on all 12 muffin placements on the muffin sheet.
- Transfer the mixture to the muffin sheet with the help of an ice cream scooper.
- Transfer carefully to the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Once they are golden brown, take the muffin sheet out and immediately brush the muffins with remaining one tbsp of butter.
- Serve hot with salsa dip or any spicy sauce.